Thursday 17 January 2008

Join in some training rides for the Great Escapade

Hi everyone, as many of you probably know Deb Meredith and I have joined forces to complete The Great Escapade, (729km BIG ride from Katoomba to Newcastle, taking place at the end of March). As relative newcomers we are looking for support in our training regime, and as Deb is currently away on holidays I'm searching for even more support to keep me going whilst she's away.

I thought the BLOG might be a good way to let you all know what I'm planning and everyone is welcome to join in. If you have suggestions for rides, they'd also be appreciated. Here's the current plan:

1) On Saturday 19th I'm going to do a double of the community ride. i.e. I'll do the normal ride, have coffee and then I'm doing it all over again - so roughly 60km all up. So anyone want to join me for the 2nd loop? I'll probably do this every week.

2) I'm going to continue doing the Coramba to Nana Glen and back via East Bank Road on a Tuesday and next Tuesday, the 22nd, I'm considering a double loop. The way we did this last time was from C to NG and a short break in the park, then back to C for coffee, then back to NG for lunch and then back to C. Finished about 2pm with all the leisurely breaks! Might take shorter breaks this time. 7am start, should be back at Coramba before 10am so 2nd loop probably starting around 10.30 (maybe 10.45). It's 60km all up and it's a hill run. So I'm thinking some might want to do the first loop and those who like to sleep in the second and possibly some brave souls might tackle the whole 60km.

If you want to read more of what Deb and I have been up to - head for our journal:
http://www.crazyguyonabike.com/doc/escapade08

I'll update my training rides regularly. Thanks to all who've joined in so far and to those of you who will join for here on in! Cheers Cheryl

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home