Tuesday 30 June 2009

Wally and Sue's Adventure #4 22 Jun 2009

Strange things happen when one gets emails from the twilight zone otherwise known as "the moon" - see the new email from Wally and Sue published below. I have had no end of trouble uploading these photos, even though I've blogged before.


Now, the font choices have disappeared! Grrr ... Why, oh, why? Is there a computer god (make that goddess) that I can pray to? A small offering perhaps? Tyre levers or fresh tubes left at a roadside altar?


The Australian geography lesson continues ..... Wally and Sue's email mentions camping on a quartz seam (doesn't that sound exotic?), so I google "quartz outcrop NT Australia", and up pops China Wall (named after ... you guessed it! ... the Great Wall of ... ) and Hall's Creek. There is even a Caroline Pool close by ... hope they got a picture for my wall ... okay ... so I'm Carolyn not "line", but just don't call me late for coffee ...


From Wally and Sue ...


"Have tried to send some photos, hope it comes out, have no idea what size they'll be - we won't send any more it's too frustrating as we don't really know what we're doing.


We're on schedule at Halls Creek, have done 1300km so far. Some days are hard,lots of uphill, reckon we must be on the moon by now but overall really enjoying it - scenery is fantastic.


Have camped in some funny places - dry river beds, behind trees and on a quartz seam. Meeting some great people, most of whom say good on you, a few reckon we're crazy - but we already know that. Having a rest day today then on to Fitzroy Crossing.


Happy cycling, from Wally and Sue."




Doesn't Sue look ravishing in her Moon Suit? (see below) Dressed as she is for the inhospitable but compelling environment, much like Armstrong on the Moon.



Could the title for the photo be "China Wall" or, "Picnic at Hanging Rock?" perhaps?



We await the return of our intrepid adventurers to find out ... (eek, did you notice that the underlining has mysteriously disappeared?)

I will sign out before I too disappear into cyberspace without explanation.

Carolyn.

(P.S. I tried to publish this 3 times before being successful. I kept getting messages from "HTML" (a minor deity perhaps?) and not being"allowed" ... so finally, like a temple monkey wanting bananas I pressed "delete" as demanded, and magically the highlighted part of the HTML code was deleted!

On the count of three, I was successful ... it's all getting too weird for me. ... I think it has something to do with the downloaded photos and code embedded in the email as sent from our friends in outerspace.

But, regardless, don't those quartz outcrops look marvelous? Hope Wally and Sue didn't climb them ... like some fictional schoolgirls some of us might remember from a 1970's film ... will we hear from them again?


Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home