Sunday 28 March 2010

I'm keeping score

Recently, I've noticed an increasing number of cyclists wishing to become organ donors. So, I've started to keep score. This should cheer up people waiting for organs.

No helmets = 5 (4 hour cycling)

Some cyclists are competing with some car drivers in the "Lack of Courtesy" stakes. It must be an Open event. Is there a "handicap" available? If so, who should get it? Cyclist or car driver? These riders whizz past me going full pelt in the same direction without ringing their bell (legally, they should have one). They do not call: "passing" or indeed even a simple "hey, up". And, yes, folks, these are NOT adolescents or young adults. One even looked like a baby boomer!

I don't count anyone under the age of 25 in this part of my survey, as research has shown that the human brain is not fully matured until about 25, so decision making and predictive skills can be poor until then. Any cyclist under 25 I give them 'benefit of the doubt' on this criteria! But this does NOT apply in the "no helmets" category - as it is the law to wear a helmet in Australia.

Mostly, the cyclists who cannot bear interrupt the sound of the whirr of their wheels with a noise greater than 50 decibels wear lycra. My mother would have called them "likely lads". Most likely to ...

They've got a lot to lose if they have an accident - all that muscle fitness and good looks, endorphins, and so much to gain - months in hospital, rehab, broken bones, flab. But, somehow it will be my fault (or, will it?) because I didn't see them in my rear view mirror. I've noticed some cyclists don't bother with mirrors, and these certainly seem unfashionable (except perhaps vanity mirrors) with the lycra set - do they weigh too much for those taut muscles?

Score today:

No bell etc. when passing = 3 (4 hours cycling)

For the readers' information (is there more than one? or, indeed even one? post a comment if you are out there and reading this!), I do wear lycra. Mines black with a lovely watermelon pink stripe. So, I've got nothing against the fabric per se, it's a wonderful byproduct of the petrochemical industry. Rather I use it in the sense that it is commonly used - to define a group of cyclists with a certain attitude of mind.

From Carrie Trike

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Dr Purva Pius said...

Hello Everybody,
My name is Mrs Sharon Sim. I live in Singapore and i am a happy woman today? and i told my self that any lender that rescue my family from our poor situation, i will refer any person that is looking for loan to him, he gave me happiness to me and my family, i was in need of a loan of S$250,000.00 to start my life all over as i am a single mother with 3 kids I met this honest and GOD fearing man loan lender that help me with a loan of S$250,000.00 SG. Dollar, he is a GOD fearing man, if you are in need of loan and you will pay back the loan please contact him tell him that is Mrs Sharon, that refer you to him. contact Dr Purva Pius,via email:(urgentloan22@gmail.com) Thank you.

BORROWERS APPLICATION DETAILS


1. Name Of Applicant in Full:……..
2. Telephone Numbers:……….
3. Address and Location:…….
4. Amount in request………..
5. Repayment Period:………..
6. Purpose Of Loan………….
7. country…………………
8. phone…………………..
9. occupation………………
10.age/sex…………………
11.Monthly Income…………..
12.Email……………..

Regards.
Managements
Email Kindly Contact: urgentloan22@gmail.com

04 December, 2016 02:56  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home